Continuing To Whine About Barbara Hambly

 As I've discussed before, part of the point of this blog is to look at the books that influenced me as a kid. Interestingly enough, I found out that I read (and remember liking) another Barbara Hambly book in middle school: Those Who Hunt the Night. Looking back, it feels like an odd choice for the Reading Olympics list, but whatever. I grabbed the chapter one sample and read it. It's very Hambly. Rambly, repetitive, nonsensical, uses the word "leggy" to describe attractive women.  I did learn that boot knives were a thing from it when I was a kid, so that's cool I guess. But yeah, I thought maybe she was just bad at Star Wars. No, bad in general. Somehow, this won the 1989 Locus for horror. Must've been a slow year.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

1. Splinter of the Mind's Eye (1978) by Alan Dean Foster

Return of the Jedi Radio Drama (1996!) and The Rebel Mission to Ord Mantell (1983)

10. West End Games-- Star Wars: The Roleplaying Game Splatbooks 1987-1991